Specific Legal Issues
January, 27 2021 Published by Huronia Chapter
Intro to Condos Course
This course provides not only Directors but also Owners, Residents and Potential Purchasers with more in-depth knowledge and understanding of condominiums.
Join the CCI Huronia Board of Directors as we introduce you to various aspects of condominium living, ownership and governance. Topics to be covered include:
- types of condos,
- condo governance and finances,
- condo documents,
- owner's and board meetings,
- property management, and
- condo disputes.
While this course does not replace the CAO mandated course Directors must take online, it will provide not only Directors but also Owners, Residents and Potential Purchasers with more in-depth knowledge and understanding of condominiums.
If you are a director and are planning on taking our 2-day Intensive Director's course in April, this webinar is highly recommended as it will provide you with the necessary framework which will be further expanded upon during the Intensive Director's Course. Watch for more details and registration information for the Intensive Director's Course to be issued as soon as they are finalized.
If you are an owner and are thinking of becoming a director, this webinar will provide you with a solid foundation on the variety of issues directors are expected to encounter. If you live in a condo, this webinar may answer a lot of your questions about why living in a condo is so different.
If you know others who you think might benefit from this course, please share this e-mail with them and encourage them to register also.
- President's Message - Welcome to CCI Huronia - Debbie Dale
- What is a Condo - Units/Common Elements, Exclusive Use, Assets, Shared Facilities - Debbie Dale
- Types of Condos - Michele Farley
- Director's Responsibilities and Governance - s. 17, 27, 32 and 37 - Patricia Elia
- Condo Governing Documents - Sonja Hodis
- Status Certificates - Ashley Lamb
- Request for Documents - Patricia Elia
- Question Period
- Unit Owner meetings - Jeff Struewing
- Property Management - Debbie Dale
- Planning - Annual Plan - Jeff Struewing
- Budgets, Money and Banking - Blair Spinney
- Reserve Funds/Study - Kevin Shaw
- Insurance - Jon Juffs
- Enforcement - Sonja Hodis
- Other Laws that Apply to Condos - Patricia Elia
- Question Period
DISCLAIMER, USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK
This is solely a curation of materials. Not all of this information is created, provided or vetted by CCI. Some of the information is only applicable to certain provinces. CCI does not make any warranties about the reliability or accuracy of any information found in the materials on this website. The information is not updated to reflect changes in legislation or case law and therefore may not always be current and up-to-date. We suggest you seek professional advice with respect to your specific issues or regarding any questions that arise out of the material. We will not be liable for any losses or damages in connection with the use of any of the material found on the website.