March, 21 2020 Published by CCI National - By Elia Associates
COVID-19 Bulletin No. 9: Protocols For Unit Owners Within Their Condominium Community
Unit owners should be proactively trying to minimize the exposure to the outside world, including with their condominium community. Unit Owners should be proactively taking steps to reduce the risks to your community. How do you do this?
Unit owners should be proactively trying to minimize the exposure to the outside world, including with their condominium community. Unit Owners should be proactively taking steps to reduce the risks to your community.
How do you do this?
- Washing your hands when you return to your unit on a regular basis.
- Not touching any surfaces in the condo (hand railings, buttons), unless you are able to do so in a way that will not spread germs.
- Covering your mouth when you are coughing or sneezing.
- Using hand sanitizers.
- Self-isolating when returning from any country or area of high risk of cases of the virus: Italy, Spain, Iran, China, Korea, etc. Please check at the World Health Organization for identified sites.
- Notifying the manager on a confidential basis about a diagnosis of COVID-19 so that the community can be alerted.
- Limiting guests to only essential visitors or caregivers.
- If ordering delivery, meet the driver outside of the building.
- Wearing gloves when going out into external environments and removing the same when returning back to the condo and having the same washed on a regular basis to ensure no transmission of viruses.
DISCLAIMER, USE INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK
This is solely a curation of materials. Not all of this information is created, provided or vetted by CCI. Some of the information is only applicable to certain provinces. CCI does not make any warranties about the reliability or accuracy of any information found in the materials on this website. The information is not updated to reflect changes in legislation or case law and therefore may not always be current and up-to-date. We suggest you seek professional advice with respect to your specific issues or regarding any questions that arise out of the material. We will not be liable for any losses or damages in connection with the use of any of the material found on the website.